The list of researched supplements that can modify the course of Alzheimer’s disease is long...and still growing. In fact, many of the researched nutrients attack Alzheimer’s at multiple target points.
In this article, we’ll explore the effects and effectiveness of supplements in the prevention and slowdown of Alzheimer’s disease. We’ll take a look at the science behind the condition and offer you hope. Then, we offer a powerful and easy-to-use solution that can help turn the odds in your favor.
Finally, we love hearing from our readers. As always, we welcome you to contact us if you have any questions, comments, or feedback. So, leave us a question or remark in the comments section. We’ll get back with you personally and promptly!
WHAT THE DOCTORS SAY...
“Most Alzheimer's sufferers aren't diagnosed until their 70s. However, we now know that their brains began deteriorating long before that.”
-Dr. Michael Greger, M.D. FACLM
"[Research] suggests to me that if everyone started on a good nutritional program supplemented with optimum doses of vitamins and minerals before age fifty, and remained on it, the incidence of Alzheimer's disease would drop precipitously."
-Dr. Abram Hoffer, PhD, M.D., RNCP
“Genetic factors account for only part of the risk. While about 20 percent of the population have a known genetic risk — the common genetic variant ApoE4 — this doesn’t predict that they’ll get Alzheimer’s. For the average person, non-genetic factors are more important. Lifestyle choices have a greater impact than most people realize. A healthy-brain lifestyle strengthens the brain’s neurons, postpones mental decline and improves memory ability and brain efficiency.”
-Dr. Gary Small, M.D., UCLA
Alzheimer’s disease is the most commonly recognized cause of dementia in the aging population. It is caused by a complex presentation of correlative abnormalities, rather than just one or several clear cut causes that could eventually be targeted with individual medicines.
The contributing factors for Alzheimer’s are usually already in place by the time the first symptoms arise. So, by then, conventional medicine can do almost nothing to slow down or stop the progression of the disease...which eventually leads to:
And, while no single-targeted synthetic drug has yet shown promise in targeting these multiple factors, nutraceutical supplements offer an entirely different approach. These natural products take aim at multiple steps in the development of Alzheimer’s, rather than at one single target.
The list of researched nutraceuticals that offer hope for modifying the course of Alzheimer’s disease is long...and still growing. Here, we share information about supplements that can help and explain more about their usefulness.
1. Acetyl-L-Carnitine (ALCAR) – Alzheimer’s patients supplemented with this natural amino acid at doses of 2 to 3 grams/day for a period of 3-6 months show a slower decline in multiple cognitive functions, reduced attention deficits, and increased energy available to cells as ATP - the universal energy-storage molecule. However, acetyl-l-carnitine supplements show most promise in the earliest stages of Alzheimer's disease. This emphasizes the importance of starting the use of supplements well before detectable symptoms of Alzheimer’s occur.
2. Alpha-Lipoic Acid – Lipoic acid protects brain cells from death induced by amyloid beta and other oxidizing substances, while also binding to toxic metal ions, preventing them from inducing oxidant stress on the brain. In human studies, alpha-lipoic acid supplementation at 600 mg/day led to stabilization or slowdown of cognitive decline, with Alzheimer’s disease scores remaining constant for 1 year and progressing extremely slowly over 4 years. The beneficial effects, however, are more pronounced in patients who are at the early stages of the disease.
3. B-Vitamins - The B vitamin complex including folate (vitamin B9), pyridoxine (vitamin B6), and cobalamin (vitamin B12) lowers levels of the amino acid homocysteine – a known risk factor for Alzheimer’s disease. Laboratory and human studies show that vitamin B supplements help reverse the cognitive and memory deficits induced by artificially elevated homocysteine levels.
4. Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) - Laboratory studies show that CoQ10 supplementation reduces the amount of amyloid beta plaque formation in brain cells, resulting in improved behaviors associated with Alzheimer’s.
5. Magnesium - Magnesium levels are significantly lower in people diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease compared to this mineral’s levels in healthy people. What’s more, the degree of magnesium deficiency correlates with the severity of the disease.
8. Vitamin D – This vitamin is considered to be a “neurohormone” with multiple beneficial effects in the brain. Older adults and especially people with Alzheimer’s have abnormally low levels of vitamin D in comparison with the healthy population. Studies show an improvement in cognition associated with an improvement in vitamin D status for patients with the disease, especially when the vitamin is taken together with the Alzheimer’s drug called memantine.
The World Health Organization (WHO) reports that around 47 million people worldwide experience dementia, with about 9.9 million new cases being recorded every year.
Research suggests that in order to preserve your mental sharpness, a certain quality of life and lifestyle choices are required.
More specifically, regulating what and how you eat, how much you exercise, how you deal with life’s challenges, and how you interact with others can have a great impact on your risk of dementia.
A longitudinal study found that healthy adults over the age of 65 who used anti-oxidants including vitamins E and C, as well as multivitamin combinations had a 50% lower likelihood of experiencing cognitive decline after 5 years of the initial follow-up in comparison to individuals who did not.
What about a supplement for Alzheimer's that can help prevent cognitive decline?
We introduce you DoctorSunder's Brain Tune.
The Brain Tune is a powder that is prepared and taken as a liquid. Research suggests that supplements that are taken in a liquid form are easier to consume, and also have a faster and more effective absorption in comparison to solid vitamin supplements that come in the form of tablets and capsules.
As a multi-ingredient formula containing over 23 health promoting constituents including:
What’s so special about this? DoctorSunder's Brain Tune can produce double or triple the effects because it has the ability to optimize several brain pathways from multiple angles.
Plus, Brain Tune can affect cellular health and regeneration, the aging process itself, and may help disrupt or slow down the development of Alzheimer’s disease. At the same time, DoctorSunder's Brain Tune can oxygenate, protect, give an energy boost, and aid your brain’s regenerative power while also enhancing your memory, processing speed, mood, concentration, and more.
Plus, it’s good for you and the environment!
Brain Tune is the best memory supplement; it is free of wheat, gluten, yeast, soy protein, dairy products, fish, shellfish, peanuts, egg, and tree nuts, which makes it vegan and vegetarian friendly. In addition, the packaging is 100% recyclable, ensuring that you are preserving nature while preserving your brain’s health.
The makers of DoctorSunder's Brain Tune stand 100% by their product.
If by any chance Brain Tune does not make a difference for you or you are not happy with the results - you can get ALL of your money back within 30 days of your purchase. Simply return the tub and get a complete refund of your investment.
We hope to have covered the basics. But, we understand that you might still have questions. Please use the comments section below. Take your time! We want to hear from you…and will try to respond to each real-life question with a personal and prompt reply.
Comments will be approved before showing up.