If you often experience:
…you might be experiencing a condition colloquially called “brain fog”.
What is brain fog, exactly?
In this article, we describe the general condition and look at nutritional supplements that can address fog in the brain. Plus, we’ll outline which one(s) you should incorporate in your daily routine to maintain the maximum performance of your brain. Keep reading to find out what your brain may be lacking and how to get rid of the fog and confusion. Your questions are welcomed at the end.
In fact, specific supplements directly address mild brain fog symptoms. But if you want to eliminate brain fog permanently, you must also incorporate changes in your eating habits. In fact, a healthy gut is essential to increased brain productivity, performance, and ability to make sound decisions. You’ll also need to include lifestyle changes as part of your healthy lifestyle to get over brain fog in the long-term.
Certain supplements can help clear up brain fog and get
brain function back on track. Memory loss is not inevitable!
However, nutritional supplements are not a substitute for a healthy diet. They are best used as a part of committed work to mind-body optimization. Plus, in addition to changes in eating habits, you’ll need regular rest and exercise. In sum, supplements are most effective when incorporated into a lifestyle change that impacts all aspects of your life.
So, think of supplements this way: adding certain supplements to your diet can speed up the healing process or be used as a complementary tool. But supplements should not be considered a “magic pill” that cure challenges to brain function. Instead, you need to incorporate a healthy diet, restful sleep, and exercise into your everyday routines. Then, it’s possible that you get rid of brain fog for good.
Dietary supplements can be classified as “nutraceuticals” that help us achieve balance in our bodies. While we can find many of these nutrients via diet, sometimes external help is needed.
For example, as we enter the 50+ years, our bodies are less efficient at processing nutrients. Hence, some of us may experience deficiencies.
Other times, our diets are not as balanced as we’d like. In fact, it can be difficult to put all the required daily recommended nutrients for memory on one plate. In other cases, medical issues like chronic illness or decreased appetite can make it difficult to get what we need for optimal brain health.
Supplements can “fill the gap”. Plus, a good supplement formula will ensure that you get what you need without taking too much of any one specific vitamin or mineral. Here are our specific suggestions for supplements that can address or treat symptoms related to brain fog.
1. Phosphatidylserine (PS) – This is a phospholipid that contains both amino acids and fatty acids. PS works to regenerate nerve cell membranes and myelin – the fatty white tissue in the brain. Phosphatidylserine supports cognitive functions, especially memory and focus.
2. Acetyl-L-Carnitine (ALCAR) - Acetyl L-Carnitine is a natural dietary supplement derived from L-Carnitine, a protein. It is a recognized brain booster and memory enhancer.
3. Essential fatty acids - Essential fatty acids (EFAs) are some of the most essential molecules that help promote the brain and its ability to perform. However, EFAs can’t be synthesized by the body, and must be taken from dietary sources.
4. Activated B vitamins - Good levels of B vitamins actually contribute to high brain levels of concentration! NOTE HERE: Vitamin B6 supplements taken alone or combined with vitamin B12 are not effective in the improvement of cognitive function for those who already experience dementia.
5. Digestive enzymes - Different foods make us feel and behave in a different way. Why is this so? Because our stomach, the place where food is processed, affects brain chemistry. While some food - such as fruit or vegetables - create balance, other types of food interferes with this balance. Plus, over-consumption of fats, carbs, and proteins can limit your digestive efficacy. Add on problems with food allergies, inflammation in the digestive tract, age, and a fluctuating emotional state...and you have many obstacles to healthy digestion.
Supplements can provide you with the enzymes you need to properly breakdown your food. In this way, probiotics and digestive enzymes can decrease psychological distress and improve mood.6. Magnesium - Magnesium deficiency can be an underlying cause of brain fog. Magnesium supplements can help improve cognitive factors, such as memory, learning, recall, and cognition. Magnesium can also address insomnia, and reduce symptoms of depression. The result? Overall brain fog reduction.
All in one delicious meal replacement shake. It’s truly unlike any other brain supplement capsule or pill. You can take the shake as a meal or use it to boost your energy throughout the day.
Why DoctorSunder's Brain Tune?
The overall effect of such a formula?
Double the brain power!
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them in the designated section below. We’ll do our best at providing you with a personal and prompt response. Or, you can feel free to contact Dr. Sunder directly. We look forward to hearing from you and doing our best to serve your needs.
Comments will be approved before showing up.